AIIM has local knowledge and global expertise
- Founded by two market leaders, Macquarie and Old Mutual, AIIM has evolved over the past 20 years to become one of Africa’s leading infrastructure investment managers.
- AIIM has access to global networks and international experience, insight and best practice methodologies.
- AIIM’s investment team collectively has in excess of 480 years of experience in infrastructure investments and operations.
AIIM understands the African business environment
- Our experience spans a range of infrastructure asset classes including toll roads, renewable energy, power generation, ports and communication infrastructure assets.
- Currently managing investments with operations spanning 19 countries across East, West and Southern Africa.
- Established local offices in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Cote d'Ivoire.
AIIM is an experienced investment partner
- We have committed over USD 2.1 billion in equity investments over the last 20 years.
- We have built key relationships with commercial lenders, development finance institutions and investors.
AIIM has strong governance principles, practices and experience
- We have created a successful management approach built around responsible development as well as a responsibility to the broader community through our business and portfolio companies’ operations.
- We are actively engaged in the management of our infrastructure assets as well as optimal business planning and strategy.
- We investigate optimal capital structuring to maximise the asset value.
- We have established and robust performance, stakeholder and risk management processes.